Community and Conversation for Digital Influencers, Armchair Philosphers & Coffee Lovers
Setting up a Google Hangout On Air for the #100DaysChallenge
How to setup a Google Hangout On Air for the #100DaysChallenge
First, enable live events on your Youtube channel:
- Go to https://www.youtube.com/features
- Scroll down to “Live events” and click Enable
- Agree to the Terms of Service
Now, create a Hangout on Air:
- Go to http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/onair.html
- Click Visit Hangouts on Air button
- Scroll down and click the “Start a Hangout On Air” button
- Name it “#100DaysChallenge Americas to Europe Handoff Hangout 1/4”
- Change 1/4 to whichever session of the Hangout you’re doing
- Give it a general description
- Next to Starts, click “Later”
- Schedule it according to your slot
- Give it a duration of 2:00
- Make sure Audience has Public in it and the other people who will be on video with you in your hangout.
- If you don’t have your whole list right away, you can add them later.
- Click Share.
- You may have to verify your Youtube account by text or phone.
Enabling Q&A (chat):
- After you create and share the event, you’ll be taken to the event’s
page on G+
- Next to the Start button is a Q&A button that is most likely dimmed.
- Click that to enable the Q&A app within the Hangout.
- You can default to turning off cameras and mics for new participants
using the Camera/Wrench button
- You can share links to channels or videos using the Showcase cutton
(price tag looking thing)